Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sharing Web Resources

http://www.sos-dd.ru/eng/about/

SOS CHILDREN’S VILLAGES RUSSIA

SOS Children’s Villages Russia is an independent non-governmental organization that provides a family approach to the long term care of orphaned and abandoned children. They  bring orphaned children back to the natural atmosphere of the family giving them back a mother (an SOS-mother), a home and a happy childhood in a supportive Village environment. They also help children shape their own futures and get ready for independent life.They have benn exending their work with families through family strengthening programs snce 2006. They do this by working for disadvantaged families to prevent crises that can in the worst case scenario lead to children being placed in out-of-home care. I chose this particular organization because I feel that they really are dedicated to help kids succeed as well as saving then from almost certain destruction. I know that there may be plenty of organizatons like this but this one really stands out to me.

7 comments:

  1. Terrance,

    I have never heard of this organization before. What a great choice! It does appear that this organization is committed to helping disadvantaged children, and now their families. Horrible stories about orphaned children from Russia are often told. It is good to hear that there is an organization that is promoting the well-being of these children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrance,

    SOS Children’s Villages Russia seems to be a great organization. Even though I started Walden to become a teacher, I became interested in careers which can bring a family to somebody who needs one or help children at the bottom. I think I can learn a lot from the website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrance,

    I really am looking forward to finding out more about the SOS Children's Villages of Russia. I had never heard of them before, but looked them up after reading your post. It sounds like a great organization. Great choice!

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrance,
    Do you have a link to this organization's website? I will also research this organization further, and I will monitor your blog for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Terrance:

    Thanks for the information. Like others who have commented on your post, I have never heard of this org either. It sounds awesome and it appears to have the right thing in mind. I will do more research on this org to find out more about it. Thanks again for this info...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like everyone has already said this does sound like a great organization. Here is another organization,http://www.actionarc.com/ you can look at if you like that helps support Russian orphanages. The staff is strictly volunteers but they are trying to help the children before they enter institutional care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great site Terrance. Make me want to get a little emotional thinking about a child without a mother or father, I'm going to bookmark this one too.

    ReplyDelete