Friday, March 16, 2012

Getting to Know Your International Contacts—Part 1

Unfortunately I still haven't established contact with anyone so I did the alternative assignment. I chose China as my topic for childhood poverty. As many of you may know China has the largest population of people in the world. They also a have a huge poverty level. It is stated that 4.2 million Chinese children live in abosolute poverty. That is a lot of people and my heart goes out to them. Anyone who knows me knows that I have a heart for children and that's part of the reason that I enjoy working with them so much. It also says that another 8.7 million children live in disadvantaged conditions. I did read that the abosolute poverty numbers and proportion of children living in poverty have decreased since the 1990s. It's to see them doing better as a country but I know that there are still a lot of less fortunate children and I feel bad for them. I pray that God will bless their counrty as well as everyone else's especially the children.

7 comments:

  1. Terrance,

    The revelation that I got this week is that every country experiences poverty. From the most developed countries like ours to the least developed. My international contact was surprised to see the poverty that exists in the U.S. We must continue to make efforts to reverse the affects of poverty on young children and their families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Terrance,
    I had to do a paper in high school about China. I remember reading about the poor conditions that the children and families was living in. I think it is so much about poverty in different countries that we just don't know about. One of my parents is from China, and she explained to me how the conditions was where she was from, it sounds like parts of the US. We are more alike than we think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrance,

    Poverty issues seem to be improving in many areas around the world. However, I believe that even in areas that have shown an improvement, conditions are far from ideal. Since we have a long way to go, it is important to raise children to be adults who are aware of these issues and take actions to help others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrance,
    I studied poverty as well. This is a serious issue on a global scale and it affects education. Thank you for posting your contact.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thing we all have been having some issues with getting responses. Those of us who have made contact have posted some good information. We are all working together and that is what is important. When one learn we all learn. I feel like we are all praying together for these children, so continue to pray and all will be well. God loves all the children of the world and will not put more on them that they can bare and when it is all said and done. That's it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Terrance:

    I feel you. My heart goes out to them as well. I am glad that there has been an improvement but we have a long way to go. But we have to start somewhere. It is motivating to hear that "someone" is "somewhere" doing "something" about this issus...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Terrance

    The numbers on poverty are heartbreaking. Poverty is a issue for that is fast growing everywhere and is closer to home than most people realize. As a community we must help to combat poverty by letting people know of any resources available and to give to all organizations that are going to help in this issue. Terrance I loved your post and it take someone with heart and a mind that is willing to help with the this issue of poverty.

    ReplyDelete