Saturday, March 3, 2012

Establishing Professional Contacts and Expanding Resources

Being that this class was unavailable to me until yesterday, I have been unable to contact two early childhood professionals. Therefore, I believe T need to try the alternative to number 1. I reached out to someone in Africa and in Europe. I also watched a podcast video of Barbara Jones on the World Forum Radio. I really enjoyed her story about how she came into Montesoi education which led to her opening up a school.

4 comments:

  1. Terrance,

    I also wanted to get to know the Montessori Method and I found a good website.

    The Association Montessori Internationale(http://www.montessori-ami.org)

    I hope you will find this useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrance,
    As the course progresses, you will have the opportunity to view different sources. Also, it is good that you have contacts that you can reach out to. Furthermore, I find that the podcasts are informative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work in a day care and Montessori School and although I teach traditional preschool I have been able to incorporate some of the Montessori jobs into my classroom. I am torn between the two because I see the benefits of both ways of teaching. It all depends on the child. I look forward to learning as much as I can about teaching children because no two children learn the same way. The more I know the better I am to help them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Terrance,
    I am interested about the differences in teaching in the Montessori system.I have heard that it is a whole different aspect on traditional teaching.It must be nice to let children learn at their own speed.I have been able to get news letters from my contacts, but that's about it still waiting.Great blog.

    ReplyDelete