Saturday, October 1, 2011

Quotes

Week 2 Video Segment
"I had, I think a built-in passion that it was important to make a real contributiion to the world, to fix all the injustices that exist in the world." -Louise Derman-Sparks

"It's not all about you, you gotta take your ego out of it and think about what's best for the child."-Renatta M. Cooper

Week 2 Discussion
"We are natural mind changing entities until we are 10 or so.  But as we get older...then it is very hard to change our minds."-Howard Gardner

"Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself."-John Dewey

2 comments:

  1. Love these quote Terrance. I see we have the same quote from the video. That was a powerful quote! And the last two quotes...omg so true...Thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Terrance, I like Louis Derman Sparks in the video she mentioned that she always had the passion for teaching and I felt the same way. I laughed when she said she use to play school and line her dolls up as if they were her students. I think as little girls we all use to do that at some point of our childhood mainly because, to me girls are just so darn bossy. Lol.. And want to control something at times. But I had that same vision I have always wanted to teach every since I was a little girl playing school and whipping my baby dolls.

    ReplyDelete