Saturday, October 22, 2011

NAEYC and DEC codes of ethics

NAEYC and DEC Code of Ethics
The three codes of ethics that I chose are Ethical Responsibilities to Children, Ethical Responsibilities to Families, and Enhancement of Children’s and Families’ Quality of Lives.
Ethical responsibilities to children really stand out to me because as educators and parents, we are responsible for the well-being of children.   As educators, we are committed to supporting the development and learning ability of the children we teach.
Ethical responsibilities to families really stand out to me because family can be the single most important factor in the development of children.  The family and the early childhood educator should have the same goal in mind when it comes to the well-being of children. It is very important that educators partner with families in helping young children learn and develop.

Enhancement of Children’s and Families’ Quality of Lives
Both parents and educators should demonstrate their respect and concern for children, their families, colleagues, and all others that we deal with.  We should honor their beliefs, values, languages, culture, customs, and their culture as well. It is important that educators plan and evaluate the different aspects of the classroom setting that meet the needs of all students.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Terrance.
    I believe that parents and teachers should work together to assure that their child/student be comfortable with the environment better for teachers and students. By keeping the classroom setting versitile all can learn waht is valuable. We cannot separate children because of differences in race or ethical values. All children need to be in a learning environment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Collaboration we need and its so important as I have said previously, I think I do a little to much talking at times..lol but that's just who I am a very talkative person. I'm always talking to my parents and stay asking question call me what you want but Ms. Jones want to know what's going on:-. And often my parents say Ms. Jones you have these children acting just like you all loud and outspoken and so true I'm guilty of that because I'm creative and I love to make the children have fun while they are learning at the same time. As educators its so important to help those children in whatever it is you can be of an assistant to. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Terrance:

    Great post! I like what you said about family and the educators. That is so true. It is definitely a team effort. Both go hand in hand and if both function correctly, then the child has a better chance at life. Not saying that a child won't have a chance if they don't but it will makes a lot easier in my opinion. Or at least the child will grow up and have more awareness of what is going on in the world and what opportunities are available to him or her. Instead of having to go through life and learning everything the hard way.

    ReplyDelete