Saturday, October 8, 2011

Course Resources

  • NAEYC. (2009). Where we stand on child abuse prevention. Retrieved May 26, 2010, from http://www.naeyc.org/files/naeyc/file/positions/ChildAbuseStand.pdf

    Article: UNICEF (n.d.). Fact sheet: A summary of the rights under the Convention on the Rights of the Child. Retrieved May 26, 2010, from http://www.unicef.org/crc/files/Rights_overview.pdf

  • Early Childhood Education Today (11th ed.) by George S. Morrison


  • KidSource Online for Healthcare

  • www.kidsource.com/kidsource/pages/Health.html

  • This website consists of healthcare articles, online forums, and websites concerning the proper care of young children.

    Teachers Net Gazette
    Teachers.net/gazette/APR03/vocab.html
    This website features education news, commentary, teaching tips, lessons, pedagogy, classroom crafts, recipes, inspiration, humor, and free printables for the classroom.

    6 comments:

    1. Hi Terrance, I found it very interesting, that you chose. where we stand on, child abuse prevention. Which I found is a good topic. Well looking through a collection of resources. I choose a book title by Elaine Wilkinson.


      2009) Protecting Our Children: Understanding and Preventing Abuse and Neglect in Early Childhood
      by Elaine Wilkinson, Sharon Thompson Hirschy

      ReplyDelete
    2. The word gazette make me think of the old time news paper. I don't know why, but I like the sound. And it goes great with you postings. I really like the cover story in the Oct 2011 Issue. �I don�t teach Subjects, I teach Kids� Focusing always on the lesson doesn�t mean that the child is capable of learning it. You have to teach the kid to learn the lesson. I thought that was awesome. Thanks for the connection.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Hey Terrance, I like your resources as well! I'm going to ask you the same thing I asked Leslie. How did you come across these resources? And did you know about them prior to doing this assignment?

      ReplyDelete
    4. Thank you all and Brandee yeah I had come across them from one of my old text books in a past class.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Thanks for your encouragement Terrance. I'm sure we all will follow our dreams and make our future child childhood experiences more pleasant. We need to stop abuse, teach children the way they learn, and give them a positive future.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Hey Terrance, very informative resources. I like your interest on health care as well.

      ReplyDelete