Saturday, June 2, 2012

Research Around the World

  • What are some of the current international research topics? I chose to do a little research on the ECDVU.  The Early Childhood Development Virtual University is a program in Africa commited to improving the quality of life for children and their families.

  • What surprising facts/insights/new ideas about early childhood did you gain from exploring this international early childhood website?  The ECDVU came from  a series of ECD training seminars known as Summer Institutes initiated by UNICEF in 1994/95.

  • What other noteworthy information did you find on this website?  The World Bank utilized the Norwegian Educational Trust Funds to support the development phase of the ECDVU in 2000. The world bank was also joined by other groups such as Unicef, UNESCO, and CIDA in supporting the delivery of the inaugural three year graduate program.

  •  

    2 comments:

    1. Hi Terrance,

      I enjoyed viewing and reading this website as well. I am always interested in South Africa. I feel that this was some very good information and worth reading. Thanks again for your post.

      Erica Hines

      ReplyDelete
    2. Wow, I didnt realize that The Early Childhood Development Virtual University was initiated by UNICEF. When I was in elementary school so many years ago we raised money for UNICEF. I recall walking door to door asking for money. At the time I was unaware of what UNICEF actually was. Many years later I learned about the organization and was bummed that my school didnt use the opportunity as a teachable moment. Thanks for sharing the info, I am going to take a look at the website as well.

      ReplyDelete