Saturday, April 14, 2012

Getting to Know Your International Contacts—Part 3

From a professional experience this has been my most challenging year. A lot of the students are out of struggling and it seems that no one outside of the school system is motivating them. So we as a staff have been coming up with different ways to improve student learning with very little support from most of the parents. There is also huge shift in staff this year. A couple teachers resigned mid-year and many more have stated that they will not return after this school year. I however am still fighting to reach my professional goals which are to be the best and most influential certified teacher that I can be. I aim to advocate for children and families that are desperately in need. I hope one day to accomplish my goals. I also aim to be apart of remaining staff that will do whatever it takes to turn things around.   

4 comments:

  1. Terrance,

    I am sorry that you are having a challenging year. As you say, I believe that it is important for us to keep it in mind that we should do best to support children and families in need and your effort will be appreciated by your students and families and remaining stuff.

    Aya

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very sad that parents do not want to help their children be successful. The fact that teachers are leaving cannot be good for the moral of the students. I applaud you for sticking it out despite the difficulties. It is good teacher that continues to strive to give the children the best education and guidance they have to offer. I am not going to say I am the perfect parent but my husband and I make sure that one of us is always available to help our children in and out of school. This year my husband has taken a more active role in our children's education and allowed me to focus on my education and career but when we both need to be involved better believe I am right there to support my children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrance,
    As long as you have your goals identified, you are on the right track to becoming a good teacher. As a result, I am sure that things will turn around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrance,
    I am glad to know that you are focused on your goals.I am sure that the children you touch will be blessed and very lucky.It has been a pleasure to read your blog and your posts, I wish you the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete