Saturday, April 21, 2012

Final Blog Assignment

The three consequences of learning about the international early childhood field are: research and comparison, communication, and career opportunities. This blog was very challenging for me because I was never able to connect with an international contact. I did, however, gain a lot from reading my fellow collegues' blogs. Education is basicall he same all over they were as far as being taught. Now the children and parents recieving it can be different. I find that other countries take education more seriously than some of my students from the research that we have done. I think a lof of kids take things for granted because we are more fortunate than other countries in some ways. I am going to stay positive and pray that things change for the better.

5 comments:

  1. Terrance,

    As you stated, I also learned that children in America have much better lives, educations and caring adults than children in some countries. I believe that we should still seek for improvement in early education in our country as well as supporting other countries as they are raising their standards in early education up.

    Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts during the term! I hope I will see you in future courses.

    Aya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrance,
    I agree that we learn in a global world. I too have learned a lot in this cours, and I have enjoyed reading your posts. I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you that children in the United States take for granted the educational opportunities they have available to them as well as other things. I have shared with my own children what I have learned throughout this class. They seemed shocked that there are children who do not have these opportunities. I hope that this makes them thankful for the opportunities that they have in front of them. I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did make an initial international contact, but there were no further responses to my emails. I did come to realize that some of their present challenges had to take priority. I still hope to be of some assistance to them in some small way to help meet some of their basic daily needs. I would like to encourage you to continue trying to make contact and see if you can help. Some are in need of simple things like school supplies and material that we have easy assess to. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Terrance

    I look forward to reading more of your blogs in this class. I am still trying to make contact with someone. I hope that you like me will be able to learn about early childhood with someone globally.

    ReplyDelete