Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Hello Everyone!!!


Greetings to all,
My name is Terrance Riley. I live in Cordova TN. I am married to my beautiful wife of 7 years and have two children, a girl 7 and a boy 6. Besides God, they are the most important people to me. I am an early childhood teacher. I obtained my BS from Ashford and after this class, I will have obtained a second masters here at Ashford. My first masters is in early childhood education and this one will be in technology education.
One of my goals is to become a college professor teaching technology courses. This program has supported me toward achieving this goal by providing me with a wealth of knowledge about educational technology. I have learned how to create wikis, do voice threads, Jing screencast, blogs, web quests, and a few other things. My most influential design was a web page that I had to create using a lesson plan for my students. However, there were some challenges. One challenge that I experienced when creating the web page design was trying to find a free template for the design. Therefore in order to overcome this challenge, I had to purchase a subscription to be able to create a quality web page.
This experience sharpened my knowledge/skill about teaching and learning with technology by helping me to better understand how much technology is evolving. The quality of the lesson stems from the quality of the web design.  I needed a quality web page that promotes human learning in a creative manner as well as promotes higher order thinking skills.

The quote that I would like to share is: “There can be infinite uses of the computer and of new age technology, but if teachers themselves are not able to bring it into the classroom and make it work, then it fails.” – Nancy Kassebaum. This quotes means that teachers must be knowledgeable of the different technology tools that are available to be used as teaching resources. Teachers must also utilize and stay abreast of the different technologies that motivate students and allow them to be creative.  

No comments:

Post a Comment